2.01.2008
More of the same.
Work sucks the energy from me. I'm usually there from around 6:40 in the morn until 9:00 at night. There are some days I leave by 8 something and some days I'm there until 10. My body feels rough by the end of the day and my pelvis starts feeling so heavy and achy. I can definitely recognize the round ligament pain associated with pregnancy. (How exciting to read!)
Today I was off as I work Sat/Sun. I decided this morning that a drive sounded nice so I hopped in my car and drove the hour to my mom's house. She had to get to work this afternoon so I spent the latter part of the morning with her sitting at her kitchen table. When I was driving home I had the heat on and the sun was shining through the windows and suddenly I was rubbing my eyes and cracking the window for some air. I got out to fill my car up with gas and just stood there with my eyes closed. I can hardly keep my eyes open. A nap sounds unbelievably nice.
The weekend will roll by fairly quickly and then I'll have 3 days off. Hurrah! Wednesday is another ultrasound. I'm excited for the peek. At this point I go to the doc every 2 weeks. Bleh. Wednesday is also my appointment with a dietician to learn how on earth one might add calories to his/her diet! It's a concept completely foreign to me. (chili dog anyone?) I need to call and find out from my insurance co. if this visit will be covered because if it's not, I'm sure as hell not going. It's going to be absurd. I'm just glad I'm not going to get educated on gestational diabetes. Eck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the sun peeked through the clouds a bit this afternoon and just filled me with joyful nap-iness too :) it's that delicious warmth on the skin i think, it feels so good!
ReplyDeleteIt's all about the almond butter.
ReplyDelete*sigh*
ReplyDeletei gues i'm just talking to hear myself speak, huh?
bacon!
as in bacon wrapped scallops lightly sauteed in butter and garlic; deglaze the pan on finish with a light sherry:
as in grilled 3 cheese and bacon sandwhiches, using sharp cheddar, mozzarella and muenster, with a couple of pre-cooked bacon slices. for sheer pizzaz, add a wafer thin slice of bermuda onion. throw a handful of chips and a dill spear on your plate, and your done;
as in go to sam's club [or the other one] and buy pre-prepared, frozen chicken cordon bleu - thaw and bake according to the instructions...but wrap it in bacon!;
as in lightly toasted rye bread, spread with real mayonaise; add a sprinkle of garlic to the mayo; lay out 3 slices of cooked bacon; add a single slice of lettuce; top off with an over-medium fried egg, et voila! a calorie sandwhich. compliment with 12 oz glass of ice cold whole milk.
bacon!
nature's little miracle...
; ' )